Saturday, March 24, 2012

Nursing Cover Straps

Today I'm sharing another baby project. Seeing a trend? Yeah, I'll probably be sharing many baby-related ideas for the next 10-ish weeks while I wait for Baby #2 to make his debut. I'm nesting in all kinds of ways but my biggest urge is to make all things blue, cutesy, button-laden, and owl-themed for my littlest "O" baby. Although I do have some projects in mind for my bigger "O" baby too!

Anyway, on to the fun. I got this genius idea for nursing cover clips from Ashley at Make It and Love It. I tweaked mine a bit but the idea is the same. These straps turn any blanket into a nursing cover! So all you have to do is pack one of these in your diaper bag and then clip it onto your baby's blanket when he's ready to eat. Freaking brilliant!

Sorry about the image quality. I use my phone and I sew at night after the kiddo's in bed, so no natural light. Terrible combo for picture-taking.

For this project you will need:
   -Soft fabric (I used flannel--it comes it tons of cute prints and will be comfy around my neck. Plus it's cheap!)
   -Suspender clips
   -Basics for sewing


First I cut out two strips of flannel that were each 1.5 inches by 22 inches and pinned them right-sides together.


Next, I sewed up each of the long sides using a 1/4in seam allowance. Then I turned my tube inside-out.


Then I just ironed it flat with the seams on the sides to make sure it was nice and smooth.


I zig-zagged the ends and snipped off the excess.

Yep. I'm, like, really bad at that. Workin' on it.

And finally I just attached a suspender clip to each end and sewed it down.

And, gee, that's it! I plan on making a few more of these so I always have one on hand. I am so obsessed with this idea....and the best part is that it's so easy!

Happy weekend, everyone!

Courtney

4 comments:

  1. I have a nursing cover, but if I didn't, I would DEFINITELY make this. It's a fantastic idea. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea. I liked your blog. please visit our siteAir Ambulance service

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m appreciating you to collect the best blog posts list for the users. we are also provider so please visit our website Air Ambulance service in India

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for your post !
    You also visit my web site! lifejet ambulance services

    ReplyDelete